BHSF Group Limited and its subsidiaries (“BHSF”) are committed to protecting your data and complying with data protection legislation and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). BHSF is a data controller. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. This statement sets out how and why we are processing the information we have on you. It also explains your rights as a data subject.
It is important that you read this notice, together with any specific privacy notice to inform you of what personal information we are collecting or processing about you.
What is our commitment to you?
Our aim in processing your data is to successfully deliver our service to you with an appropriate level of data sharing whilst recognising the need to protect your fundamental rights to privacy.
BHSF is committed to:-
- Protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the information it collects, stores, transfers and processes in accordance with the GDPR, and international good practice, and to meet its legal requirements and contractual obligations.
- Explaining why it needs personal information and only asking for the personal information it needs.
- Processing data only in a manner that is compatible with the specified, explicit and lawful purposes.
- Maintaining the accuracy and completeness of data.
- Only sharing personal information with other organisations as necessary, where the person concerned has given their consent to share their personal data, or where another legal basis of sharing the data overrides the need to give consent.
- Ensuring the individual can make requests in relation to their data subject rights.
- Not keeping personal information for longer than necessary or as required by legislation.
- Investigating and reporting data breaches and suspected breaches, and to being open and honest when things have gone wrong.
- Assessing its information security controls annually.
- Applying the above standards to its supply chain and delivery partners.
- Keeping data in a form that permits identification of individuals no longer than necessary for the purposes for which the personal data is processed, in accordance with the BHSF data record.
- Applying appropriate technological and organisational controls to ensure the security of personal data.
In order to meet its commitment, BHSF operates a wide range of technical, physical and procedural controls to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information. BHSF maintains an information security policy which provides further details regarding the minimum standards of control to which it operates.
What are your rights?
At BHSF we recognise that your data is important to you and therefore we are committed to supporting you with your data protection rights. Within legal and regulatory constraints, you have the right to:
- Have information about how your information is being processed
- Request a copy of your data at any time (commonly known as a data subject access request)
- Port (move/transfer) your data to an alternative service provider
- Have your data rectified or corrected if it is factually inaccurate
- Be forgotten or have your data erased
- Restrict the processing of your data, in certain circumstances
- Object to the processing of your data, in certain circumstances
- Appropriate decision making
Do you have a right to withdraw consent?
You have the right to withdraw your consent to specific processing at any time. Where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis to do so in law.
How can you contact us about your data or your data rights?
If you wish to contact us about your data, or if you require any further information in addition to what is included in this privacy notice, please contact our Data Protection Officer at;
DPO, BHSF Group Limited, Gamgee House, 2 Darnley Road, Birmingham, B16 8TE
Telephone: 0800 0744 315
What should you do if you want to make a complaint about the way your data is being processed?
At BHSF we make every endeavour to protect your data. In the unfortunate circumstance that you are not happy with the manner in which we process your data, you may wish to make a complaint. In the first instance, please contact the BHSF Data Protection officer in writing, stating your name, date of birth, contact details and the nature of your complaint against BHSF.
If you are not happy with the response you receive you may also wish to contact the UK data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner, whose contact details are available at https://ico.org.uk
How and why do we process your personal data?
We will only process your personal information for the purpose for which we collected it. Please see below for further information. If we need to use your information for an unrelated purpose we will contact you and we will explain the legal basis that allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with our obligations in the case of criminal investigation.
Changes to this privacy notice
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time.